Tibetan Buddhist Perspectives on
Sickness/Healing, Grief/Joy, Dying/Death
On Saturday, April 1st, Lopon Dorje Khandro (Dr. Lourdes Arguelles) gave a comprehensive introduction to Drikung Kyobpa Choling's forthcoming program of lectures, discussions, and practices on the Tibetan Buddhist Perspectives on Sickness/Healing, Grief/Joy,and Dying/Death.
Following a precious teaching by HE Garchen Rinpoche on Medicine Buddha, Wednesday, April 12th, during the upcoming months, Lopon Dorje Khandro, Drupon Samten Rinpoche, Lama Norbu, and the DKC monastics will be conducting an ongoing program helping to enrich and deepen our understanding on this very important subject.
The teaching components of the program are as follows:
- The Wheel of Life (Saturday, May 6th)
- Conceptions of Health, Disease, and Healing in Buddhist Psychology and Tibetan Medicine
- Taking Illness on the Path to Enlightenment
- Healing, Purification, and Other Meditation Practices
- Cultivating Joy and Compassion
- Degenerated Life Spans, Death Signs, and Life Extension Practices
- Spiritual and Legal Preparations for Death and Dying
- Helping Others in Dying/Death Processes
- Rebirth According to the Tibetan Book of the Dead (Bardo Thodol)
- Buddhist Perspectives on Western "Near Death/Reincarnation" Research
- Western and Buddhist Medical Ethics
In between lectures, empowerment's and teachings on the Medicine Buddha, Amitabha/Amitayus, Vajrasattva, Dharma Protectors, Phowa, and other tantric healing and purification practices will be conducted.